Friday 11 August 2017

Savings?

One of the reasons I thought to change razor was to save money. I'm honestly not sure that I will. The blades for a double edge safety razor are far cheaper than those for disposable cartridge razors but I find I'm changing blades far more often.

Typically I shave everyday, definitely everyday for work. I've found that I'm currently changing blade every week, I'm also stretching to make them last a week. With my Mach 3, I was keeping the blades for a long time, probably longer than I should have. I never counted, but I would say I was going about 6 weeks per Mach 3 blade. I estimate they cost about €2.50 each, €10 per pack.

I'm hoping to go out and buy some new blades tomorrow, get a bit of a selection. I'll be better able to work out if there's actually a cost saving from that. I know buying in bulk will work out a saving but I need to find a blade I really like before doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lather

Long time since  my last post. I'm still learning how to shave with a double edge safety razor. I say learning, I use it every day and h...